We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Unexpected Shutdown

hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Hi Folks

I got this when I booted up tonight:

Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem: BCCode: fe BCP1: 0000000000000008 BCP2: 0000000000000006 BCP3: 0000000000000005 BCP4: FFFFFA800515AB20 OS Version: 617601 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\092711-25506-01.dmp C:\Users\My\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-45318-0.sysdata.xml

Thats the 2nd time I got it recently....since I installed a new hard drive. Any ideas?

thanks

h

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

These files that help to describe the problem are on your PC, we cannot see them unless you upload a copy somewhere!

You do not mention your operating system though I am guessing Windows 7 only because the error message is related to service pack 1 and if you only had service pack 1 and where using XP then you would be asking for trouble as XP has had XP3 for sometime now.

Although you have given a raft of figures you missed one bunch which might have been useful, it normally begins 0x and then numbers and figures.

Like this post
hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Yes its Windows 7. Sorry I just copied and pasted. Yes, service pack 1 downloaded a couple of nights ago.

h

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

In that case it is a SP1 issue, if you could supply the BSOD error code beginning 0x??????????, question marks signify other numbers/letters in code.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...