We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sound issue

diz79

Likes # 0

I recently bought a creative 5.1 sound system for my pc, but every now and then (usually when a new screen opens) the sub woofer makes a noise.

Ive tried several things and I think ive narrowed it down to windows sound effect or sound card.The sound effect is when there is a screen change which is being detected and played by the bass woofer. I'm not sure where I would find this in the control panel I have looked and cant see where to disable.

Regarding the sound card, if your monitor has built in speakers and your sound card is getting confused between the different systems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

you haver chosen no sound effects in Sounds and audio devices >sounds >No sound effects

Like this post
kristain

Likes # 0

Hi,

Uninstall audio drivers completely and then install the driver that is working.

1. Click Start,type Device Manager in the Start Search box, and then pressENTER.

2. In the Device Manager dialog box, expandSound, video, and game controllers.

3. Locate the audio device that was included with the computer.

4. Right-click the device, and then clickProperties.

5. Click theDriver tab, and then click Uninstall.

6. Place a check mark next to"Delete the Driver Software for this device" check box, and then click OK.

7. Install the driver that is working.

8. Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps

Like this post
diz79

Likes # 0

Ive tried this and its still there any other ideas? Sorry for late reply ive been away.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more