We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Drive For My Documents

Legslip

Likes # 0

My friends PC has a 80gb HD of which about 55gb is used for My Docs. With other progs installed it is showing as full. I would like to fit another 120gb HD for his docs but how do I copy across his existing my docs folder to it and ensure that all future savings of personal docs point to the drive.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

What is the OS - XP? Which version of Office? You can create a new documents folder on the new drive but I don't think that you can delete My Documents. However you can copy and paste the contents across and set Office's options to save to the new location.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

How to move the My Documents folder to a different drive

http://thundercloud.net/information-avenue/my-documents/

Like this post
Legslip

Likes # 0

Thanks Sea Urchin. Doing it now!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing