We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Talk Talk Emails Down?

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Here we go again, I'm in South Wales and in the past hour my Talk Talk Outlook Express emails and my Webmail are down. Anyone else ditto?

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Mine began to work and is now gone again, as is webmail.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I think that Talk Talk are making improvements again!.

Over the weekend I was having some disconnections from service. Monday, no email because it 'could not make contact with the server', and requesting I check my settings. Today so far, email is back again. But I have noticed a new large display regarding " You are now logged out' after login out.

At least on this occasion,looking at other locations mentioned, it would appear that the blame is not with my local exchange, what as been suggested a number of times in the past?.

Like this post
mobing

Likes # 0

haven't uesd it ,but i ;d like to try by reading this thread !

[img]http://www.imgquick.com/images/38.gif[/img]

Like this post
mobing

Likes # 0

haven't uesd it ,but i ;d like to try by reading this thread !

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

mobing

With your link I seem to get redirected to another website with a blank page?.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Hmmm. I get directed to a page selling make-up!

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

Email service is still down. I live in South West London.

This from TalkTalk Service Status:

"Multiple transmission alarms have been observed in the Southern region. Voice and Data are affected. Our Engineers are aware of the issue and are currently investigating."

See http://www.talktalk.co.uk/service-status/ for more detail.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Greetings Batch from the Capital......seems ok around the country, obviously not in your neck of the woods and you're correct about their status page....why aren't they more specific? Keep us informed.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

As Ofcom published a few days ago, TalkTalk is the most complained about ISP but it still represents less than 1% of subscribers and as they are one of the cheapest and certainly the cheapest if you take a bundle, For less than £30 a month I get broadband, and all the phone calls I can make UK and Worldwide 24hrs every day of the week. My phonebill printout runs over four pages a month and about 6hrs is overseas.

I just have had Virgin optic put in down my road offering some fantastic broadband speed but with all the complication of changing phone and TV I can't be bothered and TalkTalk have promised optic to the box at the end of the road with the last 50 yars/metres in copper so I'll see what that does.

I complained about my Broadband speed to TalkTalk and a "person" was going to contact me in 48hrs, that was a month ago and I'm still stuck at 1.6 up to 2.0 at the best.and nobody has contacted me.

The best time to get them I have found on the phone without waiting an hour is to ring just before they close at 8pm.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Muergo

"to ring just before they close at 8pm"

Surely telecom services are a 24/7 operation, and should be available to their customers on that basis?.

"a 'person' was going to contact me in 48hrs, that was a month ago"

I had that same problem that someone would contact me in 48hrs (I wonder if this is scripted), because of complaints about low irregular speeds and disconnections. It took some hard tactics and doing, but I was eventually able to get through to 'higher level' management complaints, and things began to improve rapidly. My previous 'upto' 1Mb speed is now averaging 5Mb, with very few disconnections. It did take over 3 months to achieve this improvement though.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks