We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

KB246332 repeatedly installs

MikeBird

Likes # 0

This is an ongoing saga. Every time I close my computer, it downloads and installs (sucessfully). If I check the update history, it says that it has installed sucessfully (on many ocassions). I have tried the Microsoft malicious software removal tool, no effect. I have tried the Microsoft 'fixit' and it reports no problems. I have tried manually downloading the update and installing it. I have run my anitvirus (Norton 360) I have run CCleaner. I have run Spybot All to no effect. It would seem that the update has installed just find but some register, somewhere, hasn't or won't recognise this fact. Any help would be appreciated. Mike

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try the Windows Update Troubleshooter - enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You can remove an Installed Update if you wish - enter link description here

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 0

I now have a total of 4 updates on my XP machine which are all successfully downloaded and installed but still subsequently keep trying to reinstall. Accepting that they are all installed I have long since given up trying to find a reason why (many will tell you it's a Microsoft issue)and I have now hidden them. To hide the update go to the MS update site , choose custom install,and tick the box which says "do not show this update again"

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July