We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

FILES LOST AFTER CUT AND PASTE URGENT HELP!!!

Google87

Likes # 0

I was trying to cut a song out of my memory card to my computer because my memory card is full and i wanted to paste another song. When I tries to cut it, the computer hangged and sort of misfunctioned. When I put the memory card back into my phone, all the music files were gone. When I transferred to another pc, I checked my memory card and the music files were gone. When I clikced scan the virus, The music folder is gone too. It sort of changed to an unopened or not be able to open file. How will I solve this?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Don't know if this will help, but I would try a System Restore back to just before all this happened.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Or download and use RECUVA from here enter link description here

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

System restore is unlikely to help as it doesn't touch data files.

The problem is that you have cut ie deleted the song and the paste action wasn't done. Recuva may work. For future use copy and paste and make sure you have a back up of important files.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Woolwell As the Music Folder is part of Windows, I would have thought that a System Restore might help - only guessing, though it is the first thing I would have done.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Nontek - There is a common misconception about system restore. It restores your system files (program installations, drivers, etc) see What is system restore. It does not restore data files for that you need a back up although a system image will do it too.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

ps the contents of the music folder are data files.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I know the contents are Data - but the Folder itself has been 'lost'.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Just reread the initial post and it would seem that the music files and folder are missing from the card. The card may have been corrupted.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015