We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

i can connect to my router but not to the internet

daft_ninja

Likes # 0

I have 2 laptops and an iphone. Laptop 1 and the iphone connect fine.

Laptop 2 doesnt connect. Its connected to the router but nothing after that. My connections monitors flash but no globe.

If i do a wired connection it works fine.

I have Sky broadband. The router is a sagem.

any ideas.

The laptop works on other networks. and it is running vista.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Your settings may have become corrupted. Delete the existing wireless "profile" that has been saved and go through the procedure to Connect again when a new "profile" will be saved.

Exactly how you do this will depend on whether you're using third-party software provided with the wireless adapter or Windows' own wireless software. If Windows, it is different in XP from Vista or 7.

Like this post
daft_ninja

Likes # 0

Thanks

I tried a couple of times to delete the network from my list and whilst i was there cleared out some old ones.

This didnt work.

I found a solution on google that said i should update the wireless drivers. from my control panel whilst using the wired connection. Do you think this will help?

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Has this Laptop ever connected wirelessly? If it has, then the existing drivers must have been OK.

If it hasn't previously connected, is your wireless network using encryption (WPA/WPA2) that the Laptop's adapter doesn't support. In this situation, updated drivers might implement support for the later types of encryption.

Like this post
kristain

Likes # 0

Hi,

You can fix the Internet connectivity issues of your router in your wireless network; first, you can check the type of issue faced. Check for your router and the associated hardware. If you have issues with your power supply, you need to ensure proper supply of power. Check your Ethernet connectivity cables; if you have any issues with them, you could replace the cables. If you have issues with your Internet Service Provider, you can contact them and get the problem fixed.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Very helpful post, kristain - not! (unless you have 'issues').

Like this post
mobing

Likes # 0

good poost ! thanks !

Like this post
matt2000

Likes # 0

move the laptop closer to the ruter.

it's normally an obstruction that causes theese problems. if that fails it is a laptop fault

Like this post
pwerzado

Likes # 0

hi daft,

Are you prompted with a network message "Unable to Connect"? This might be a problem with the settings of your wireless network being hanged-up. Please try this, turn-off all power supply (modem, router, your Laptop 2) and switched it back on, simply resetting devices might work. Please see below related problem, this will help.

http://www.techyv.com/questions/how-can-i-connect-my-laptop-my-wireless-router#comments ,

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014