We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Stat Counter problem

geoff47

Likes # 0

I have Stat Counter on my site. Can anyone tell me why I get hits registered when I edit the site on my local PC ? I have spent several hours today tweaking this and that, and when I logged onto to see how many hits today, discovered I had registered multiple times.

The point is that I haven't actually been visiting the site, I have only been reviewing the edited version on my local PC.

Anybody know how this works ?

Like this post
geoff47

Likes # 0

I am using WebPlusx5, so I assume everything is on my PC. To be honest I cannot get my head around paths etc. What are you saying ? That a file might be online, and I am connecting directly to the online site to access it on my local PC ?

I shall have to check tomorrow if disconnecting helps, I am away from that PC now.

You have given me food for for thought, thanks.

Like this post
geoff47

Likes # 0

I had disconnected the ethernet cable and viewed my site, everything is OK. I have then reconnected and visited Stat Counter with my current Net work details showing from Control Panel Network connections IP Address.

They are different from the current address showing on Stat counter.

My address alters every time I connect,dynamically isn't it ?, but I would have thought my present address would show correctly when accessing stat counter while showing the present address from Control Panel.

It is a mystery to me. Think I will just pull my ethernet cable in future to be sure.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...