We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

no sound

nobbyo

Likes # 0

can anyone help please i restored my computer back to origanal state and now have no sound,when i do "test speakers" all is fine (they are pluged into the back of comupter)but when i try to play a cd , no sound. when i plug headphones into the front of the computer i have sound through them, i have a ralteck sound card and vista

Like this post
varindia

Likes # 0

Type "restore" in the search box of the start menu you can find System Restore at the top of the start menu. As you are saying your sound is ok with the headphone but problem with speakers. You can check the ralteck sound setting, give option for speakers.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

When you put a data CD/DVD in does that play and show content?

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Sorry, misread

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Have you checked that the speakers are set as default in Playback devices.

Like this post
mobing

Likes # 0

perhaps you can laso try to plug into the back when you use the headphone ,you can know if this the problem of the board or the setting !

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Some motherboards have to have the sound driver files loaded seperatley (disk with motherboard), are these files loaded, or perhaps you could find your sound system (use BELARC for details)http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html and download the drivers from the internet.

Terry

Like this post
kristain

Likes # 0

Uninstall audio drivers completely and then install the driver that is working.

1. Click Start,type Device Manager in the Start Search box, and then pressENTER.

2. In the Device Manager dialog box, expandSound, video, and game controllers.

3. Locate the audio device that was included with the computer.

4. Right-click the device, and then clickProperties.

5. Click theDriver tab, and then click Uninstall.

6. Place a check mark next to"Delete the Driver Software for this device" check box, and then click OK.

7. Install the driver that is working.

8. Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps

Like this post
nobbyo

Likes # 0

many thanks for all the advice but as yet no joy...as i said when you press TEST SPEAKERS they all work but when you load a cd or dvd they dont???

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Do they work if you plug them into the Sockets that you use for your Headphones?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Sorry about that, I see that you've answered that in the original posting.

Have you tried putting a DVD into the CD/DVD Player. That may be where the problem lies.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room