We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

no sound

nobbyo

Likes # 0

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Can you elaborate by asking an actual question, so that we can try to understand what the problem is?

Like this post
nobbyo

Likes # 0

hi i did elaborate but it has not come out. i have rebooted the computer back to factory settings,now i dont have sound, however when i do a speaker check all of them work,they are pluged in the back of the computer but when i try to play a cd or dvd, nothing. if i use headphones, they plug in the front of the computer,they work, i have a realtek sound card and run on vista. i hope someone can help??

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

You need to load your Sound Card's Drivers

Like this post
nobbyo

Likes # 0

hi i did that and i am told all is running fine, as i said i have sound with headphones but not speakers

Like this post
matt2000

Likes # 0

try turning on the speakers or enabling them on your monitor

Like this post
matt2000

Likes # 0

try turning on the speakers or enabling them on your monitor

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Right click on speaker icon bottom right of screen, select Playback Devices, make sure that Speakers are chosen as Default device (green tick), if not select it. Highlight it then click on configure and/or properties to check the sound.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Just a thought:~ Have you checked the blindingly obvious?

Are the Speakers connected, plugged in and turned on... Many of us have been caught by a wire that has pulled out or a switch which has accidentally been turned off.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room