We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Faded flat screen monitor

Al Davies

Likes # 0

Hi,

I have a Dell flat screen monitor and of late the screen appears to have "faded". If I view from directly in front, the images appear faint and details cannot be seen clearly: the "enter information" boxes for banking sites for example.

However, if I lean to the side and view at an angle of perhaps 30 degrees, then the screen looks fine and the type-in boxes appear clearly.

This seems contrary to what would be expected on a TV screen with a narrow viewing angle.

Can anything be done?

Cheers

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

If you are able to try another monitor then that is the first thing I would do as this would rule out a possible Graphics card failure. If the results are the same then it may be time to look at your Graphics card - this could be failing.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You could try checking all your connections and with your PC switched off carefully remove your Graphics card and remove any dust from the card and slot itself with a soft brush or careful blowing (air canister) before re-seating the card and switching on.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

It could also be that your monitor is failing,either way trying another monitor or your TV will tell you if it is indeed the GPU or monitor.

Like this post
Al Davies

Likes # 0

Many thanks folks.

I will try another monitor though I only have an old CRT.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......