We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

email - change drive on networked pc

Mrs Bear
Resolved

Likes # 0

Dear All

We have 5 computers running off one main pc and would like to swap the email to be dealt with from the 'c' drive to an external hard drive. What is the best way to do this with minimal disruption to the other pc users.

thank you for your time.

regards Mrs Bear

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Not sure that you have described what you want to do very well. Could you provide a few more details. which email service do you use for instance?

Like this post
Mrs Bear

Likes # 0

Hi gengiscant - thanks for getting back so quickly. Yes, you are right, I haven;t explained myself very well. We have 6 btconnect email addresses which are forwarded to us by 123reg. We seem to have lost our emails signatures which makes me suspect that in transferring our information to an external hard drive, we have, in the process, lost some connections with our email, or maybe created a bit of a probelm elsewhere. I wondered how to rectify the probelms with the signatures and how to make the email more robust. Also wonder generally if it is a good idea to keep emails on an external hard drive.

thanks

Mrs Bear.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Thanks for the extra details, but it also means that I really have not got a clue to solving your problem as I am still unsure as to what you are trying to achieve. But I do have a question that I am aware that you have BT email addresses that are forwarded by 123reg, my question is forwarded to where or what? Would this be Outlook? or something else/

As to where you store or back-up your emails, I really do not think it matters where this is.

I myself use Google so mine are backed-up to their servers and important ones are then back-up also to my NAS drive.

Like this post  
Mrs Bear

Likes # 0

Thank you - it has been really useful. I think I know what I need to do.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone Air release date rumours, specs, leaked photos: 5.5in iPhone 6 expected

IDG UK Sites

Alternatives to iPad Air: iPad Air vs best tablets from Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Google & more

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Apple launches a new Swift blog, signaling language's importance