We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Foxit PDF Editor How do you edit a PDF?

Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Just a simple question please how do you edit text in a PDF document with this program? ive looked on youtube and found nothing? ive got an application form i need to fill in and email back Anyone can help id be VERY greatfull!

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Download the Manual...CLICK HERE

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Graphicool1 Hi thanks for that! so in my understanding with this program, i may of just paid for it and now regret what i have just done very much, All i want to do is to be able to fill an application form in so its basic text, BUT this program tells me from Column 49 on the PDF manual that i can ONLY do this in blocks? as in like using a sniping tool in a manor? how terrible is that when the program is so good & they have overlooked the basic elements of filling in an application form?

Thanks

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Are you sure you can't just type in the boxes on the application form? Have you tried to type into any of the boxes?

If they are expecting a form to be completed and emailed back, you won't have been expected to be buying software to do this.

Good luck

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

AroundAgain hiya thanks! yeah the software wont let me just hover above and type? there is another process that needs to be done? bit silly really!

Thanks so much

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

OR alternatively does anyone know any software that is easy to use that lets me edit the text on a PDF? please??

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

If the application form is designed to be completed on line, then you should be able to just type in it, using only your browser.

I can't comment on Foxit as I've never used it. Sorry not to be of more help

Can you post a link to the, or similar, site so I, or someone, can try to work it out? I'm not suggesting you send the link of the job you are after though ;)

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Could this be the sort of thing you are looking for- Convert PDF to Word format and the you can simply (after adding your text) re-convert it back to PDF

Terry

http://www.pdfonline.com/pdf-to-word-converter/

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Not sure if this helps but look at the last post here .

If you print it then print to XPS viewer as you won't be able to save it. Once "printed" in XPS then you can send it as a document.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Converter to PDF here.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Terry Brown your link was SPOT ON! thank's so much! now i know i simply wanted it to be in a word format Doh..

AroundAgain/rdave13

Thanks for your time guys im truly greatfull! All sorted now Yaay

Cheers

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...