We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Plusnet Broadband help

talyho
Resolved

Likes # 0

Please can anyone advise on any problems with Pusnet Broadband before I change over from BT the price seems to good,trying to save some expence

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 1

Can't advise on Plusnet as I am a BT user but the cheapest isn't always the best.

Like this post
smokingbeagle

Likes # 1

Not in the report must be a good indicator. No doubt Plusnet users will have more useful information. Read the PDF at the bottom of the linked page.

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/market-data-research/telecoms-research/complaints/q2-april-june-2011/

Like this post
Jollyjohn

Likes # 1

Hi

I have been with Plusnet for over a year now and have had no problems. I have contacted them a couple of times and they have been quick at replying and sorting out the minor issues.

I have broadband and calls with them.

A couple of points to note, not just about Plusnet, concerning monthly limit. It is 10gb and if you go over you get another 5gb for £5.

I upgraded for the basic package and included all calls. - This does not include calls to mobiles but does cover all those 0870 numbers which I found I was using often in the daytime.

Like this post
luthier

Likes # 1

As I understand it, Plusnet are a subsidiary of BT. They are based in Sheffield and have a UK call centre. I know of two people who use them and they have both been delighted with customer service whenever they have called them. Hope that helps.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 1

I have been looking at perhaps changing to Plusnet, but it might be wise to check any small print, especially on special offers. Apparently there is a part regarding 'local' area rates, which might make a difference to the final contract, depending on where your location is in the country. Other than that, there seems to be some decent reviews on Plusnet.

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 1

Delighted with them. Customer services very good and only used them once via their on-line help. On a monthly contract and using my own router. 60 gig monthly allowance at £17.99 pm.

Telephone with BT.

Like this post
bobpullen

Likes # 0

Hi there,

My opinion of the service would of course be biased, however if you've any specific questions you want to ask then fire away and I'll do my best to help!

Best regards,

**Bob Pullen Plusnet Digital Care**

Like this post
talyho

Likes # 0

Thankyou all for the information it is very helpfull to make up my mind

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund