We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HDD SAMSUNG 500GB/7200rpm/16M SERIES: HD501LJ NOISE ON START

alyin17

Likes # 0

Some ideas and information and I wish I knew about this HDD SAMSUNG 500GB/7200rpm/16M SERIES: HD501LJ I will explain the problem step by step. Turn on your PC and is stuck to the HDD when the HDD is recognized. Finally after about 40 sec. and rattle 10-20 acknowledges it, he displays the name after which everything returns to normal. Mention that for as long as we keep on doing me no such problems, can copy him and no matter how crazy, everything is normal including when I give restart. This problem only when it does start. For those who have experienced such problems you realize it's quite annoying to wait to start and all the rattle.

I tried various programs from Hiren's boot cd, to check not give me any bad. I think perhaps the problem is otherwise just as long as recognition is so otherwise behave normally. I tried the special program and many other programs samsunghd.com formatting, partitioning and repair. Thank you for your understanding and if anyone can help me with some useful advice not throw it out the window and in this, assume that promotes good ideas here.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

There does seem to be a design problem with this model of drive Read this Link and others have experienced the noise you describe which only happens if the drive is allowed to spin down to a stop before re-starting. Hence it is OK after a re-boot or when running but does not like starting from standstill. Personally I would clone everything onto a new hard drive and replace it as soon as possible. You could always put the old one in a caddy and use it for back-up (although I am not sure I would trust if for very long).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers