We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Apple Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ipad 2 Problem - Laptop Doesnt Recognize It

superhoops

Likes # 0

Hi

I have a problem that is driving me totally crazy.

I took delivery this morning of a new Ipad 2. I started iTunes and hooked the ipad up to my Windows 7 laptop. The usual noise that you get when you insert a usb device was there. However iTunes didnt recognize that I had plugged the ipad in and nothing happened. I tried 3 different cables but no difference. I uninstalled itunes and reinstalled but still nothing. I stopped and restarted Apple Services. I restarted the laptop, no good.

I plugged in my iphone 4 and it was immediately recognized by itunes. Not knowing what else to do I went to the Apple store and spoke to them about it. She hooked it up to a mac and it was recognized straight away. I went home and borrowed a neighbours laptop and it recognized it immediately.

This is driving me scatty, can anyone help? Thanks

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Have a look in Admin Tools> Computer Management> Disk Management and see if it is showing there. Also in Device Manager> Disk Drives (perhaps if it is showing there uninstall the driver and reboot)

Like this post
superhoops

Likes # 0

Hi rawprawn Thnaks for the reply, the ipad isnt showing in either

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Try plugging the iPad in, leave iy plugged into the USB and reboot.

Like this post
superhoops

Likes # 0

Thanks for the suggestions. I had a thought later and plugged in a USB wireless mouse that I hadn't used for a long time. That wasn't recognized either so I guessed that there was a problem with the laptop not seeing new hardware.i ended up setting the laptop back to factory state and then the iPad was recognized. Cheers. Superhoops

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad