We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

unable to install software

rocketbob

Likes # 0

i am trying to install kaspersky pure on a computer running windows xp, i have removed kaspersky 2010, put the disc in the dvd/cd drive but i can not find file to run the cd

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

The cd should autorun and run the set up files required. I do not use XP but if you loo in Control Panel, there should be an icon for Autoplay or Autorun. Select this and look for a tick box to Autoplay media. Hope that applies to XP but any XP user out there can correct me if necessary. You can also run the exec file yourself. Look at the Cd contents and try and find a file such as Run.exe or Setup.exe or similar and click this. Hope this helps.

Like this post
rocketbob

Likes # 0

its my mates computer and i did look for autoplay but could not find it, i looked in my computer and it did not show the cd/dvd drive, where would he find the cd contents on his pc

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Check the CD in Run by Browsing the CD look for Setup file and double click it

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Or in Run Type Drive Letter like this then press Enter Key

X:/Setup

where X is you CD/DVD drive

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Open the CD to real all files and look for the *.inf file.

This will tell you the name and location of the file needed to load the program.

Sometimes the loader program is 1 or 2 sublayers down.

Terry

Like this post
rocketbob

Likes # 0

i downloaded kaspersky pure onto my mates pc and its workiing fine, still cant find the dvd/cd drive on the pc going to have a look at the weekend

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features