We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Make a DVD but don't include the recorded audio

Redlegs

Likes # 0

Hi there , Redlegs here from South Ozzie. Surprised to find no match in my search. Am making a DVD of surf race I filmed at the beach with several segments. I had no idea that the wind was so fierce and it has virtually ruined the recording by the noise it has created. Would like to make the DVD again and this time , eliminate the wind noise , ie , delete the audio ( and perhaps replace it with some theme music ) I thought this would be a given choice in the many DVD programmes I have , and have " googled " my problem , with no luck. Any words of encouragement ??

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Hi you should have a seperate video and audio track showing in most video editors even windows movie maker has that. Then you either remove the original audio track and replace with another or justmute it .What software are you using and whats the original format I guess you perhaps just used a dvd maker type that just authors let us know

Like this post
Redlegs

Likes # 0

Hi there "eedcam " --- my apologies !! -- took a couple of days to come back to my project , and have now resolved it with WLMovieMaker. Was putting together about 20 still shots and 6 AVI items , and hadn't realised I had to " click " on the individual AVI items , to activate the volume slide to take it back to " zero " ( simple action but me no figure !!--- I now have a little bit more knowledge of the IT world !! ) Many thanks for your interest and assistance , cheers from Sth Aust , Neville ( Redlegs )

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Glad you are sorted you could also just right click on the sound track and choose mute Cheers

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer