We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Trojan Horse Generic24 CJGK

silverdragon41

Likes # 0

Just had a multiple threat alert. It appeared in c:\Program Files\Online Services\ebay\WizLink.exe. It then appeared in several more in Online Servies. MyPcChoice and MyPcChoiceDK. All in the WizLink.exe. At the speed it was spreading, I thought I did not need those folders, so I deleted them and have not had one since. Running my AVG scan now, but thought I would ask if there was anything else I should do?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

The first thing you should do is stop using your e-mail address on a public forum.

That is an open invitation to spammers and other ne'er-do-wells.

Like this post
graphiclineweb

Likes # 0

This is a really nasty one. I have just fixed a version – generic24.cgol - on my system.

To remove the virus, you need to scan in safe mode. Then manually remove residual 'bit' from infected folders, including your applications settings folder.

At present AV software (including AVG) is not cleaning it out completely. There is more information on my website http://graphicline.co.za/content/trojan-generic24-alert and some information about what I did to remove the trojan form my infected PC on my tech blog http://graphiclineweb.wordpress.com/2011/09/20/trojan_generic24/

If possible, I would recommend doing a full re-install on a clean formatted hard drive drive.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?