We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lost Bold/Underline and Alignment functions on toolbar

Duncanf
Resolved

Likes # 0

I'm using MS Publisher in an old MS Office 2000 version and for some reason some of the icons have vanished from the toolbar. I need the Bold/Underline and the text alignment/justify options. I'm having to use Control B and Control U at moment. Thanks for any help.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try this - In Word Right Click anywhere on the Toolbar, click on Cusomize, click on the Options tab then click on 'Reset menu and toolbar usage data' button. You will receive a message, click on Yes, restart word.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Duncanf

As northumbria61 says, even in Publisher, you should be able to do the same thing, but you need to make sure that you have a tool bar available to you. i.e. have a blank page open.

TonyV

Like this post
Duncanf

Likes # 0

Thanks, northumbria61. I've found the problem and it was my mistake. I was working with a folded news sheet and hadn't highlighted the text box. As soon as I did, the options appeared. Sorry for a silly error on my part and thanks for your suggestion.

Like this post  
Duncanf

Likes # 0

Thanks too to TonyV. It was a silly error on my part. At 72 I forget these things sometimes! Many thanks. Problem solved.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote