We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

keep having to sign in

kayell1

Likes # 0

Normally when everything is working OK I only have to sign in to BT/Yahoo every three weeks using my password. However, I have just downloaded CC Cleaner and now I have to sign in with my password every single time I put my pc on (before I can get to my home page and emails). I have tried talking to the tech people in India call centre but can't get a lot of sense. Does anyone have an answer as to how I can get the sign on back to three weeks and not every time please?

I have now uninstalled CC Cleaner but nothing has changed.

thanks .

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

Yep, stop it clearing out your cookies. I haven't used CC Cleaner for years because I've no need to, but there must be a tick box in there to say something along the lines of not clearing out the internet cookies.

Like this post
kayell1

Likes # 0

Not sure where I find the box that I should tick to stop my pc removing cookies...any help please? I have uninstalled CC Cleaner so it should not be able to remove cookies should it?

thanks for any advice...

Like this post
anniesboy

Likes # 0

Open CCleaner > Options >Cookies > highlight cookies to keep or delete

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The fact that you have uninstalled CCleaner (which is a superb utility, by the way) isn't going to do anything to affect your Yahoo sign-in, because the cookie that was set on your computer by Yahoo has been deleted.

The cookie has an expire time of three weeks, which is why you have to to a manual sign-in every so often - each time you do it the Yahoo site sets a new cookie on your computer, and that signs you in until it expires....and so on, and so on.

To restore your automatic sign in you need to go to the Yahoo site and sign in manually. That will set a new cookie, and you'll be back to normal. The site must offer you an option to set the cookie, often by offering you a 'remember me on this computer' option, so make sure you have that ticked, or that you select 'yes', or whatever the site requires you to do.

Like this post
kayell1

Likes # 0

I don't know if I have followed your instructions correctly, but I have signed out and back in at my home page on BT/Yahoo and ticked the box to keep me signed in but I still have to sign in every time so no change. Can you give me any more help please?

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Hello

Which internet Explorer & windows please.

Try this, go In IExplorer at the top click on Tools. Then select from the menu Internet Options. Then click on the Tab called Content. Half way down click on Auto Complete and then Settings. Then Tick the Box if not ticked already called Forms. Then run the "delete Auto Complete History. once finished then if the option is available click Apply, then Ok. Close Internet Explorer re open go back to auto complete settings and make sure the Forms in Auto complete is Unticked!

Now close internet explorer and try login to yahoo. Do not go back to re log in. Once in close internet explorer or bt yahoo browser window and you should not have to log in.

If this fails then open internet Explorer go in to internet Options again and click on Advanced Tab. Then select Restore advanced settings and or optional Reset internet Explorer settings. This will clean and reset you internet browser. You will/may have to manually customise you browswer to suit you needs.

Steven

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

I would recomend copy and print of my last making it easier to follow 4 u.

Steven

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

CCleaner will not do anything to alter your browser settings - it simply cleans the cookie cache, so none of the cookies set on your computer will be there when you next visit any sites where you had selected the 'remember me' option.

Like this post
kayell1

Likes # 0

Hi again ...I have tried the suggestions from AUDIO --CHIP but it seems to have gone from bad to worse. I still have to sign in with my password every time but now I have lost my FAVOURITES LIST TAB and TOOLS TAB etc from my homepage. The whole thing looks different, no google search box etc. I have windows 7 64bit and I think IE9. Is there some way i can restore a back up on windows 7 which will put me back to a time before this mess? thanks again......

Like this post
kayell1

Likes # 0

Hi again ...I have tried the suggestions from AUDIO --CHIP but it seems to have gone from bad to worse. I still have to sign in with my password every time but now I have lost my FAVOURITES LIST TAB and TOOLS TAB etc from my homepage. The whole thing looks different, no google search box etc. I have windows 7 64bit and I think IE9. Is there some way i can restore a back up on windows 7 which will put me back to a time before this mess? thanks again......

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers