We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Search.searchcompletion.com

cowgirl66
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, I have got this spyware on my computer which hijacks my Google webpage whenever I do a Google search. I would love to know of a tool or of any antispyware which would definitely remove this and make my computer safe to use once more.

Any help appreciated, cowgirl66

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

do you have malware on board? if so update it and run it what OS do you have?

johnny

Like this post
cowgirl66

Likes # 0

I have Kaspersky Internet Security and am running Windows 7. I have used Super AntiSpyware but it hasn't picked it up

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

as i said try malware bytes and see what happens.

johnny

Like this post
cowgirl66

Likes # 0

Ok johnnyrocker, I will try that and I will get back to you.

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

and?

johnny

Like this post
cowgirl66

Likes # 0

Ok Johnny, sorry for the delay but I had almost given up yesterday, as had my techie at Malwarebytes I think! Have you ever heard of Complitly? No well nor had I but on searching in my Google Chrome extensions I found it and guess what? It uses "Searchcomplete". How it got there I don't know, but it offers alternative searches, and they even confess in their FAQ pages to taking over the URL address bar, in other words hijacking it. They tell you how to avoid this, but honestly if you dont' know you've got it on your computer the first thing you'd do is worry. I was very annoyed, they caused me a whole load of upset and Malwarebytes was very understanding and said at least it was solved. We ran DOS tests and everything to try to find what was causing the hijacking. So remember, Complitly = Search.searchcomplete.com = take over of browser URL. Verrry bad people.

Thank you though for your interest and patience,

Regards cowgirl66

Like this post  
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

thank you for the update hope it all works out

johnny

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad