We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Voice recorder into PC

acberty

Likes # 0

I need to copy a voice file on a Sony ICD-B500 digital recorder onto my PC. The recording of an important business meeting has some distorted, indistinct voices, and I want to apply some 'clean up' software, such as WavePad Sound Editor, to help make those voices clearer. then I will transcribe what was said.

The Sony product outputs on ordinary playback and a little bit clearer to headphones, so that works. I've tried a stereoe 3.5mm jack lead into my PC, with MS Sound Recorder. Nothing seems to be recorded onto my PC files, using LineIn and then Microphone sockets, both front and rear. The Sony Help Centre suggests only the use of a tape recorder. I still need to get the sound file onto my PC, for 'cleanup'.

Suggestions, please?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Magix Audio Cleaning Lab ....

http://tinyurl.com/65uqc39

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Can you copy and past them

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Can you copy and paste them

Like this post
acberty

Likes # 0

Thanks so far, 'Nintek' and 'woodchip'.

I'm unable to get the file copied into my PC, as far as I can tell, so am unable to apply 'cleaner' software.

I'd opened Sound Recorder, checked/confirmed that the Volume Mixer - Speakers ( High Definition Audio Device ) settings were high for both Device and Applications.

The Volume Control Options ( devices show their own volume control ) tickboxes are all ticked.

The Sound infobox shows 4 recording devices: 2 Microphones ( front and rear jacks ), 1 Line In, and 1 Digital Audio ( S/PDIF - default device ), and I've enabled each. 'Properties' indicates that each 'device is working properly'.

Each of the Microphoes, and the Line In info-fields indicate 'not plugged in'. That doesn't change when a stereo 3.5mm jack lead ( tested ) is plugged in, both to the Sony IC Recorder device and to front and rear jack sockets on the PC.

Right now, I'm stumped - unless the sound card is stuffed. But I'm able to play audio CDs via Windows Media Player...

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

If you can get the audio onto a tape recorder, then you should be able to use Magix Audio Cleaning Lab.

Like this post
acberty

Likes # 0

I'l try that, 'Nontek'. Maybe the residual sound-signal quality will be suffice.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED