We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What to do when I get Error 553 from BT Internet?

heidelberg

Likes # 0

Hi everyone

I received an email from BTinternet this morning saying the following

"You’ve received a ‘553’ error message because we’ve upgraded your BT Yahoo! Mail account security......"

The solution seems overly complex and will take longer, I think, than the "few minutes" that BT seem to suggest.

Is it as bad as they seem to suggest?

Dave

PS This is my first time using the "new" PC Advisor website - I have to say I preferred the original as it was easier to navigate for an older codger like me!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

It would appear that you are not the only one receiving theses error messages. I would suggest that you put "bt error message 553" into a Google search, and you will find a number of possible solutions.

With regards to the new website, there are a number of modifications, and these are still ongoing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Stop running out of cellular data on your iPhone, see which apps use the most data