We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

cordless phone batteries which is best type?

Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

hiya everyone, i bought "4 AAA 1000MhA" Duracell rechargeable batteries five months ago, Thinking they was one of the market leader i thought they would last for at least two years, How very wrong was i...some five months later they have failed terribly in fact after the first week they started to struggle charging, my only asumption would be that they was not built to be used in such a way as pick up/put down multiple times a day?

So here i am in the same situation where i am in need of new batteries, Can anyone help me please? is there a AAA battery that use for Cordless phones??

Many thanks

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

What make phone? My Panasonic phone came with Panasonic AAA rechargeable batteries (it recharges through its base station) and I've never replaced them.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

2 x 350mAh NiMh AAA (Poundshop) recently put in 2 handsets each.

I don't Yak enough to test them fully. But her indoors complained they were no good in the kitchen.

So I put the 4 yr old knackered ones back in.

The original Binatones were 700mAh.

I would have thought 1000mAh would be ample.

Are you sure they are definiely the correct type AND rechargeable. ie don't mix up NiCd/NiMh/Li-ion

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Hi guys thanks for the replies!

Yeah the phones are Philips CD235 See Here They are three years old but never been abused or damaged, the batteries that came with them i think was just 450MhA so i would of thought the 1000Mha ones would of been much better..??

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

The only problem you will normally have is if you have used NiCad instead of NiMh or vice versa as the charging characteristics are different. I have replaced batteries with higher rated ones and had no problem.

I usually leave mine off the base station occasionally until the batteries run right down, as especially with NiCad you can get the 'memory effect', and even though it isn't supposed to it can sometimes happen with NiMh ones.

The phone starts to beep quietly before the batteries are completely flat so that it reminds me to put it back on the charger.

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

Have you tried charging them up in an external charger?

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

I've got Uniross 700mAh in mine - if I let them go flat, the phone doesn't recharge them. When that happens, I have to recharge them using an external charger, then they work fine and the phone charger keeps them topped up.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

A simple voltmeter/ammeter is also handy for testing voltages of batteries.

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

Now you tell me.

Mine went flat when I turned the electric off while we were away. When we got back and I turned everything on again, the remote handset was dead. After buying 2 new batteries, I stuck them in the phone thinking it would charge them up. It didn't. They needed to be charged in an external charger, and that's all that was wrong with the original batteries.

I now remove the batteries when the electric is turned off, otherwise the remote handset keeps trying to contact the base-station until the batteries go flat.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...