We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

USB OVER CURRENT PROBLEM

spleighpee

Likes # 0

I had problem on my Acer aspire 5541 AWXMi ,it says USB OVER CURRENT PORT.. im using the laptop charger without battery,Please can u help me how to solve this..Many thanks

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 1

It is very likely to be a hardware problem and shorting of internal USB wires or shorted motherboard circuits (could be due to dirt, etc). If it is still under warranty then return it for repair, if not under warranty it might prove expensive to sort.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 1

Do you have anything plugged into any USB port? The fact you're using mains without battery is not a factor.

Like this post
spleighpee

Likes # 0

i was trying to save my baterry thats why sometimes i remove it and use direct power from the charger.actually my baterry has been repacked last year ive been using it for 18 months now and its working perfectly ..So far the only problem is i cannot use my USB port no response at all any type that i plug in 3 usb port....Thanks a lot guys ..i appreciate allahnks your response..t

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 1

Try re-installing your USB Ports - right-click My Computer then click on Properties>Hardware>Device Manager then expand USB Ports and uninstall each and every one, then re-start your computer, USB Ports will be automatically re-installed - and hopefully then work OK.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)