We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help to recover Office Outlook Emails & Contacts file please

Audio~~Chip
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello My friends motherboard died, I have his HDD and have managed to access it via a SATA/IDE-USB cable kit which shows on my windows the main drive which is E I can see all the original Folders and files and done the recovery there for pics, Docs & Music but also need to get his emails and contact list from his Windows Vista.

What I need to know is where does the backup file/s reside please, can someone point me towards the file path please.

Thanks in advance !

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 1

Search for Outlook.pst - this holds contacts e-mails etc.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 1

Just to add to compumac's post

http://tinyurl.com/5vbh7zz

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Thanks compumac, will do and report back !

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Hello Compumac, nothing in the search turned up for Outlook.pst Sea Urchin, thanks for the link. Will follow and try your suggestion.

Thanks

Steven.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 1

For a Vista machine it is probably in Drive letter:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Like this post  
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Thanks Sea Urchin & Woolwell M8t ! Yes its under :\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook I found the PST file ! now backed up

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Thanks Sea Urchin, Compumac & Woolwell much appreciated !

Thank U Steven

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide