We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to set Epson printer to scan and send file by email

granty1

Likes # 0

My son has an Epson Stylus DX7450 printer/copier /scanner. He is trying to scan homework, put it in a file and then forward file by email to me but is unable to work out how to do it. He also does not have the printer instructions and may have binned the disc in a clearout

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

In case you get no other answers here is the User manual

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Usual easy way is for him to make a New folder and give it a name, (perhaps put it on the Desktop so it's easy to find) then scan each page and save each of them as a picture .jpg with suitable titles so that you know what order the pictures of pages are in.

Then he can rightclick on the folder and choose 'Compress and Email' and send the zipped folder to you with his default email client (program) . I use 7zip and that is the option I get in the rightclick menu

Or he could if his Epsom supports it, scan pages to a .pdf, the instructions will be in the manual if it does that feature.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

If your son has Microsoft word (2003 onwards) open it and select Insert, use drop down to scanner and scan to word.

You might need to use the preview first to get the full page setup sizes.

When done simply send the page.

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite