We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to Remove Heat Dispenser From GPU chip Amilo Pro V3515 Board

sydhall

Likes # 0

Hi,

I think the trouble with the two Amilos V3515 is the GPU Chip needs to be HEAT-Reflowed It shows you how on UTUBE: But Unfortunately the V3515 has a Heat Dispenser that seems to be GLUED on: Regards

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

First let the PC run and warm up a bit. Now it iff, unplug it from the mains and try to gently wiggle the heatsink from side to side. Then pull it straight up. Trying to avoid bending the pins.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

"Now it iff" Should read...'Now turn it off'

Like this post
sydhall

Likes # 0

Graphicool1

I think your getting Ur wires crossed? I mean the GPU Graphics nor CPU: Regards

Like this post
sydhall

Likes # 0

Graphicool1

I think your getting Ur wires crossed? I mean the GPU Graphics nor CPU: Regards

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I couldn't even understand the post, so good try Graphicool1

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Thanx gengis

Like this post
sydhall

Likes # 0

Hi, I'll try to make it simple:

The G.P.U. on the Amilo 3515 Mainboards do not house the G.P.U. & The C.P.U. under the same cooling system as with most laptops.

The G.P.U. is alongside the CPU but has its own Aluminum- Heatsink. I want to remove IT to Re-Heat the GPU Chip With a Heat Gun to Solve a Graphics problem:.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

sydhall

Yes, sorry it was my mistake, I thought you were describing, in broken English, an attempt to remove a glued on heatsink from a CPU. Now I understand where you're coming from. However, understanding and knowing the solution can be worlds apart. I have never had to deal with anything like this, therefore it isn't in my knowledge base. You could try asking your question in the 'Games' Forum. It sounds more like their field. CLICK HERE

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

sydhall

One question...

You did remove the screws, about 11 from the reverse of the card didn't you. They hold the cooling fan on?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Can you post a screen-shot of the part in question?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...