We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer D250 dead - power ok at m/b

thewasp

Likes # 0

Acer d250 - was working perfectly, now won't turn on, and no charge light illuminated when plugged in.

Power supply is fine, and there is power at the multiplug on the motherboard.

What might be the problem? All help appreciated.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Will it work with the battery disconnected.

Like this post
thewasp

Likes # 0

No power light with battery disconnected, will not switch on.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

It sounds like that their is a disconnect between the power socket and the motherboard. If you wiggle it gently with the power supply plugged in do you get any indication of a charging light?

If it is the power jack then there is a tear down video Here and parts available Here

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Having replaced one of these sockets, I would rate the task as 'not easy'!

Like this post
thewasp

Likes # 0

Socket is very easy to replace on these as it isn't soldered on the board. The socket is wired via a multiplug to the m/b.

As mentioned in my original post, there is power to the multiplug on the motherboard - so it's not a connection issue.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Have you tried removing the battery and the power cord and holding down the start key for 30 seconds then reinstalling them again to see if that would work.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Ah, OK. I was going by the picture of the socket in chub's post. In that case, if power from the adaptor is reaching the multiplug on the end of the mini harness from the DC socket, it looks like the mobo has had it.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Looking at a service manual, it looks as though your model has a separate power mode, rather than being built in. However, I can't find replacements for sale other than this one in the US

power board

Like this post
thewasp

Likes # 0

Thanks for looking.

Would that stop the battery charge light illuminating?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Can't be sure, but it's the link between the socket and the feeds to the mobo, so I'd guess so. As an aside, I've bought stuff from ebay from the US - it takes a few days, but it's always arrived OK. Might be worth a punt for the price.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......