We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help....Printing problem !!

gibraltar1961

Likes # 0

Hi,i have a printing problem in as much as my laptop recognises that i have a printer but will not print. I have a message saying " print pending ". It can't be the printer as i bought another, installed it and the same happens. I've gone through any updates etc but no luck, any ideas ?? Regards Eric

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Two simple things to try first

Open Control panel and select printers and faxes

Select your printer and left click to show there are no prints pending. if there are, then cancel them

More important try right click on your printer and choose properties.

At the bottom there should be Print Test Page. OK this and it will prove the printer works. I had a brand new printer once which did absolutely nothing !!! Dead on Arrival.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

If you have a print job 'Stuck in the system', turn off the printer , unplug the power and USB cables, wait a few minutes and reconnect, the print 'buffer' should now be clear.

Terry

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

If you have more than one Printer shown in Control Panel>Printers and Faxes, make sure that the printer you are trying to use is designated as the Default Printer.

Like this post
gibraltar1961

Likes # 0

Hi, many thanks for all your suggestions, still no joy though. I've tried 3 different printers with no luck, my printer works on other computers so i know it's not the printer.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I gather that a test print does not work. Is that correct? If it did not print did you follow Windows troubleshooting? What is the OS? Does the printer show as ready?

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Just possible the USB socket you are using on your computer is not working properly.

Try a different socket?

Like this post
gibraltar1961

Likes # 0

Tried all the above tips and still nothing !! Regards Eric

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

What is your OS? Possibly a print spooler problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......