We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IE9 downloaded and Realplayer will not open

pcdimwit
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, I have donwloaded the latest version of IE9, and now when I log on the sound of the windows "melody" is very low, and my real player wont work, it opens the homepage of RealPlayer but I get a "cannot open page" when I try to open BBC radio4 or any radio programme, I am in Holland and this is a Vista laptop Acer 5535, It was all perfect with the old version of Internet explorer, I am wishing I had not started this as it seems to be running much slower and I dont know if it has affected any other programmes yet, what do you think?? is there something wrong in the settings of IE9 that wont allow me to open real player?? thanks PCDIMWIT

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Make sure you have ticked compaibility mode under Tools.

Like this post  
pcdimwit

Likes # 0

Hi, what does that mean? is that in the tools at top of page? which tab do I have to go into?? It is really weird I can get Radio 2 from England to play but not on the normal realplayer tabs via "music" > UK radio > BBC radio> then the normal drop down menu of BBC stations, that tab wont open at all and all I get its a "windows cannot open this page window" and instructions about not being connected to internet, (but of course I am) I will look in Tool and see if I can find compatibility........, thanks PCDIMWIT

Like this post
pcdimwit

Likes # 0

Great!!! it seem to be working now, I havent ticked the last box in Compatibility view settings, nor put in the realplayer url in the top box where you can input a URL yourself, but left the two top boxes that say " include updated website displayed from Microsoft" and "Display intranet sites in compatibility view", I opened the Realplayer icon just now in the task bar below and the page on "online guide" for "music, now playing" brings up the whole list of BBC stations now!!! with a section of London and the southeast as the place it is being sent from, Thanks Alot, PCDIMWIT. Do you think there might be other things that this new IE9 download might affect in programmes I havent opened or discovered yet?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Widespread 2011 MacBook Pro failures continue: Petition for fix surpasses 10,000 signatures