We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ubi Surfer and webmail via PC

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

One of my flock has a little device called UBI- SURFER From what I can gather it is a sort of cross between a mobile phone and a 'netbook.

She says that when she looks at mail on the device and edits out the unwanted. Then opens her E-mail client she gets all of it including those deleted on the UBI.

Can this be so? As I under stand it the device simply looks at E mail server via a mobile link, therefore all stuff deleted by this means should stay deleted on the server. Or am i missing something here?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It depends partly on the ISP eg for Virgin you can have the option of deleting it or keeping it as part of the settings. She is probably using the UBISurfer's e-mail client and it may depend on its settings too.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

I ubderstand Woolwell In an Email Client[ Outlook X or Thunderbird- that downloads from the server to the receiver- there is an optio to ratain copy on server ans the option not to. Can this also be so on the UBI ?f

From what I can see the link is straight to server [as in web mail] I don't think there is 'storage' on the UBI - or is there - HMMmm

I am going to look see on Friday I shall bear this in mind

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK