We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Disk Clean Up

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi I just set desktop back to factory restore yesterday and after downloading quite a few Security program etc I thought that i would give Disk clean up a run.

On a couple of the lines which were not ticked for removal were those 2.

1. System Error memory dump files 532 Mb

2. System queued window error reporting 314 Mb

I take it those are needed and that is why they are not ticked for removal.

I don't want to remove anything that is likely to interfere with the running of my computer, so should I just ignore them and wait and see if they get any larger,or are they files that are needed.

It would seem a lot since I have only reset the computer to factory settings and I am inclined to leave them.

Any advice welcome.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

1.System Error memory dump files:Unless you are attempting to diagnose the cause of the problem, it is safe to let disk cleanup delete these files.

2.System queued window error reporting:If the system seems to be running as it should then those files are not needed for troubleshooting and can be deleted periodically.

Like this post  
buteman

Likes # 0

Thanks gengiscant for the information.

I will wait and see if any other information is given if not I will go ahead and remove them.

Probably something to do with SP1 not downloading.I gave up trying but will try again once I have this computer running the way I want it.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok gengiscant went ahead and deleted them and they no longer show on Disk Clean Up, no doubt they will be back if the get any more problems.

Thanks.

Buteman

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear S (Solo) curved-screen smartwatch confirmed: release date, price and specs UK

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review and the mystery of the processor benchmarks