We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

new motherboard

Jameslayer

Likes # 0

Hi I am looking to get a new motherboard. After many computer problems I think I tied the problem to the motherboard. I replaced the ram with my mates still crashing then I used his graphic card and it still crashes.

So a new mobo it is. I am only after a cheap one as I cant afford a upgrade. I currently have a Penryn1600SLI-110dB, 280gtx, 2x 2gn gdr2 sticks and a e8500 intel cpu

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

Ok think I am posting the correct info this time.

kmodeexceptionnot_Handled

0x0000001e

ffffffff800'c0000005

fffff800'02acaf1f

00000000'00000000

ffffffff'ffffffff

dump_storport.sys

dump_storport.sys+45e66f0

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

also uploaded a image from the bsod viewer http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4463/bsdc.png

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I think this error points to a driver issue. I have just reread your posts and noticed this: I suffer from BSOD and prograns crashing. It happened under xp and carried on when I moved to 7. The PC BSOD less in 7 but the programme crashes instead. Did you update all your drivers to Windows 7?

Windows 7 does come with thousands of drivers but not all. If you go to Start-Control Panel-System-then device manager (top left hand side.)Are there any yellow or red symbols against anything in the list?

Post back what you find.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

PS: your motherboard,here: MOBO does not seem to support Windows 7, if you click on download on the left hand side you will note that Windows 7 is not listed in the operating system support list. Which maybe why you are having problems.

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

ok have checked control panel. None of them have symbols next to them. Also while I was their checked if all drivers were up to date. Which updated: Graphics card(was last updated a month a go)

Have also changed the power lead. No idea if that can have a affect.

Would be my luck to update from XP to 7 and still have a problem caused by something else.

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

Is their anyway to access the info of why it shut down a a program if so would that be useful to you?

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Unfortunately just because Microsoft says it is compatible doe not mean that your particular board is. I recently built a PC which the RAM I bought was supposed to be compatible with my MOBO, after many BSOD's I changed the RAM and everything was sorted.

As smurf46 said in an earlier post, you do have a fairly old board and CPU so there is more likely to be problems. Can you tell me what make/model of RAM you have. There will be a label with name, part number etc.

Your other question: Is their anyway to access the info of why it shut down the BSOD Viewer I linked to earlier gives plenty of info thats why I am leaning towards a MOBO driver problem or a ram issue. As I said the MOBO manufacturer, Asrock, does not support Windows 7 on this board, they count more than Microsoft.

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

OK I have two sticks of Corsair DDR2 Extreme performance 1.80v Ver3.2 3440631 or 3440632 on second stick 08512601 5-5-5-18 800mhz 2048MB XMS2-6400 18210109(On a orange sticker like a shop price tag style)

Sorry for posting it all was unsure which was the part needed.

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

OK I have two sticks of:

Corsair DDR2 Extreme performance

1.80v Ver3.2

3440631 or 3440632 on second stick

5-5-5-18

800mhz

2048MB

XMS2-6400

18210109(On a orange sticker like a shop price tag style)

Sorry for posting it all was unsure which was the part needed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?