We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Graphics Problem ?

rawprawn
Resolved

Likes # 0

My computer has suddenly developed a vertical "Grey" stripe about 3 cm wide all the way through the centre of my screen. I have reinstalled the NVIDIA driver, but there is no difference. Any help appreciated RP

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Should have said it appears on boot before anything is loaded

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Do you have another monitor to try? It might be failing. If still there then the graphics card?

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

rdave13, no it is a laptop and all I have, if it is failing as I suspected I may be able to install a new one. Unfortunately I have just come out of hospital after an operation and may have to leave it until I feel better.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

rawprawn. Can't help with your screen, but hope you feel better soon!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

PS from Google : Either it os a LCD problem or it may be worth updating your graphics drivers via device manager.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

john bunyan, thank you for your kind thought, I have already tried updating the driver with no success. My laptop is about 4 1/2 years old and well used

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I have googled the problem and there doesn't seem to be a fix for my laptop (Age is a wonderful thing) it appears that some people have found it disappears and others say it's intermittant. Anyway there seems nothing I can do so I will leave it alone and try to ignore it. Thanks for your responses. RP

Like this post  
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

rawprawn was that your sony?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...