We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Burning with Nero, says it has burned but DVD is blank?

buel

Likes # 0

Hello, i am trying to burn a DVD (DVDs) using Nero but after transcoding it seems to take longer than usual to actually burn. Then when it finishes burning it says it has burnt ok but the DVD is blank? Am i correct in thinking that updating the drivers for my DVD burner may work? If so, please can i ask why the drivers suddenly need updating?

Ps- i have used three different types of DVDs

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There is a verify option when you burn your discs. Check it so that after you finish burning, the computer will "verify" that the information on the DVD is exactly the same as the original files you had transferred to your HD. This will tell you if you really burned successfully or not.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi, i cant find that option on Nero Vision?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Download and Install Ashampoo Burning Studio V6 FREE and try this out - it may be a problem with Nero. I gave up Nero on several years ago. Ashampoo products very easy to use and they work. I am up to Version 10 of this product (paid for) and never have any problems. Try it and see - you have nothing to lose. enter link description here

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi, i've got Ashampoo but i find that it only wants to burn VOB files, IFO files or BUP files. All my videos are mpeg.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Ashampoo should do what you want but not sure if you need a later version - see here enter link description here V10 supports Mpeg

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Use dvd flick dump nero flick is free and better as it uses imgburn to burn with which is abetter burner than Nero It will also do the coverting and authoring
enter link description here

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi, i've now used DVD flick but still the DVDs aren't burnt at all. The DVDs are fine as they are burnable on my other PC. So any ideas please?

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Itis possible for one pc to burn what the other wont but unusual to go through the process of burning . Now Flick will have created an Iso file could you check that plays ok but that may require you installing something like VLC player (free). but Before that what discs are you using reason |I ask is flick uses imgburn and that is a damned good burner will have created a log of the burn and will usually say what has gone wrong

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 deals: Find the best contract for your new iPad

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...