We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Too good to be true ? Windows 7 registration key

CurlyWhirly

Likes # 0

I have 2 PC's.

I have the PC I'm using now with the retail version of Windows 7 Home Premium on it and I also have another PC with Vista Basic Edition on it.

I happened to see this on play.com but I'm a little confused !

When you look at the price, you would think that only the Windows 7 activation key is provided but when you read the 2 customer reviews, it suggests that you get the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows 7 Home Premium as well ?

Reader reviews:

"comes with 2 discs 32bit and 64bit"

"I have just had mine through the post today thanks to play delivering it via city post rather than the royal mail otherwise it would have been a long wait."

Very confusing this !

All I was going to do (I don't know if it's possible as it would seem to suggest that Microsoft will be losing money if they allowed this to happen) was to wipe the OEM version of Vista Basic Edition and upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium using the genuine activation key that would be purchased for £9.99

Is this possible as surely the Windows 7 Home Edition DVD that I used to install and activate Windows 7 on this PC is only going to accept the activation code on the orange sticker that came with the Windows packaging ?

I just wanted to know a bit more before buying it as although it's only a tenner I don't want to waste my money.

Any feedback please, cheers.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

You don't have to be a student, just need one in the family.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

On your link: How come the reviews are dated 2009 but TRUSTprice has only been a PlayTrader since: 23/03/11 (click on their name next to 'In Stock sold by'

I hope it's not another of those scams that sell the same legit key to everyone and then a few months later MS catch up with it and you get the 'Not genuine' message.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

click on the 'see all' Also available new (12) from £9.99 See all

Seller: TRUSTprice Comments: ~~~~~~~~~~important note~~~~~~~ this is the product code only downloadlink for windows 7 home premium full version(include 32bits and 64bits) will be provided. the code and the download link will be sent by e-mail shortly after payment

Seller: GenuineProductKeys Comments: GENUINE RETAIL PRODUCT KEY ONLY Download link is also given* There is no physical box or CD. A brand new 100% Genuine and unused windows 7 Home Premium retail product key is only being sold. It can be used for both 32bit & 64bit PCs or laptops. Also, i would like to make clear that this key only works with a fresh install of windows 7, and not an upgrade. It will be emailed to your email within 1-24 hours of payment

IMHO they are both scams

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'