We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem with Real Player Plus

Yimbo
Resolved

Likes # 0

I've just uploaded a CD to my RP library collection - and that was OK! But, the CD cover picture has been copied on to all the other music files in the library - making it now very hard to distinguish one from another!

Any ideas as to what has happened - and particularly - how to restore the original pictures?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I can only assume your "Save" selections are incorrect.

A box will box up labeled “Save Tracks”. Check to see that all the tracks you wish to save are selected. If not, or if you don’t wish to save all of them, check the necessary boxes next to each.

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thanks northumbria61 - When I inserted the CD, all the tracks were listed by title and "pending" indicated against each. "Do you wish to save the tracks?" "Yes", I ticked each title, and the upload went OK - "completed"

But on opening the RP library, not only were all the uploaded tracks listed, with the CD cover picture on each - but the same picture appears on every single other item in the library, whereas before they all had their own identifying picture.

I'm very confused as to what has caused this - and also how to reverse matters.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I can't advise what may have caused this but I suggest you uninstall/reinstall Real Player carefully following the instructions in the LINK - enter link description here

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Looks like this is my only alternative! But I'd hate the thought of losing all my library etc. files!

Can these be safe-guarded in any way prior to uninstalling RP?

RP have stopped technical support via email - just a phone number, in USA it looks like! Goodness knows what that would cost!!

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You won't lose your music by uninstalling and reinstalling Real Player. Your media files will stay somewhere in your program file although you have uninstalled Real Player. When you re-install the free Real Player, the media files will be automatically transferred to your library.

In case you have forgotten this is how you would add your music to Real Player after you reinstall enter link description here

Like this post  
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Your media files will stay somewhere in your program file ie: your Music Folder

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thanks again northumbria61. Not looked at my posts for a couple of days -so I missed your latest till now! Thanks for the advice! I'll follow what you've outlined - it ought to work out OK. Thanks again!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days