We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to obtain ms6763 motherboard ethernet driver win xp?

speedykango

Likes # 0

I have installed a new motherboard in my pc. Its the same board part number but for some reason the ethernet controller has not installed. I have tried going online via another pc to obtain driver but all the sites i could find require me to download driver/hardware identifier software which is of no use to me as the pc i require driver for wont connect to hub/internet. The board is ms6763 ver 1.0 and i am running win XP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You could download it to that other PC and then onto a USB Flash Drive and transfer it to your PC

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Is that installed in an Asus PC? If so, you may get one here

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Download this system info program SIW 2011 (build 0707) - Freeware Version from Here (scroll down page)

This should give you the Ethernet hardware type.

Like this post
speedykango

Likes # 0

Thankyou guys for your prompt responses, The SIW 2011 freeware posted by ICF did the trick, my system is now up and running. Again thanks to all who posted solutions this was my first time using this type of forum and its proved invaluable to me :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing