We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

USB power go off when laptop is off

ubuntu1user1jb

Likes # 0

Yes i know it do that to save power but i have laptop that plugged into mains all the time. I want the USB power to be on when the laptop is off but it is still plugged into mains.

How do i do that?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

No, this is simply not possible.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

However, this will give you USB connection from the Mains .... without the need for PC.

http://tinyurl.com/3hmfex4

Like this post
ubuntu1user1jb

Likes # 0

Ok thank you for that. I rather not have to buy USB mini tower with power supply. My old laptop power USB when it is plug in. If there is absolatly no way to turn on the USB power then I might as well get a USB mini tower one.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

The items in my link above, will power any USB item, without the need for a computer.

Scroll down the page and you will see several different types.

Like this post
ubuntu1user1jb

Likes # 0

I guess manufactors are ingoring us

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide