We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Drivers for Creative Labs Inspire 5300

Old Un

Likes # 0

I need drivers for my Creative Labs 5:1 Inspire 5300 sound system. They appear to be no longer available from creative.com as this is a very old model. Can anyone please help me?

Like this post
100andthirty

Likes # 0

Unless these are USB speakers, there's no such thing as a driver for speakers. You might need to search the web for instructions as to how to set up the speakers, or even look up the instructions for your sound card.

What is the problem you're trying to solve?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try downloading the Creative Driver Installer and let it search enter link description here I can't guarantee it will find what you are looking for but worth a try.

Like this post
Old Un

Likes # 0

100andthirty, Thank you for your reply. I cannot get 2 of the 4 speakers to work. I have used them for at least 10 years but since changing my PC (Windows 7 HP)only 2 are working. The sound system was supplied with my Gateway computer and did have a disc to install it. I have since misplaced the installation CD. The sound system does not have a USB connector but plugs in with 3 small plugs: Light green, Pink and Black. I have spent several days searching for help on line and even Creative Labs doesn't reccognise my model as it is so old.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try going to Control Panel - Sound - select your Speakers - Configure button - make changes and see if that helps.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Enter your sound properties and configuration and check whether it is set up for 5.1 and not 2 speakers.

Like this post
Old Un

Likes # 0

I only have stereo speakers listed. there is no mention of 5:1.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Go to Control Panel - Sound - select your Speakers - Properties - Levels Tab - Balance - Check and change levels ie L-R-C etc. click OK

Like this post
Old Un

Likes # 0

northumbria61, Thank you! I have tried that but I have only L and R with no C. I have also tried to add another device but Windows freezes every time it tries to search for devices that need to be added and I get no further. I really need the original CD to install the sound system properly.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

At the very least you have still got sound working although not all of your speakers. You have had a good 10 years out of them and it really looks as if you are missing that CD setup. You can do one of 2 things -

1. Treat yourself to a new set of speakers

OR

1. Anybody out there with the same setup (or even similar to try) can supply OLD UN with a setup disc ??
Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I haven't ever needed drivers for speakers. However the onboard sound or sound card does require drivers and it has to be configured to output to more than 2 speakers. Is this new system a desktop or laptop and which HP model? It may well have Realtech sound and the sound can be configured through it's controls usually found through the system's control panel.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...