We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Email Print Outs

RoyboyOne
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have been having a problem with printing my emails from Outlook Express6 but I am able to print emails from my Yahoo and Sky accounts, my friend has done a check and reckons that there is a file C:\ProgramFiles\AlwilSoftware\Avast4\ashOutXt.dll missing from its program but does not know how to install it. From what I can see I will need to have a CD-ROM to do the job, is this the case and how do I go about it or is the problem something else

Like this post
letsgetrdy

Likes # 0

Without more information, i.e. the feedback you get from attempting to print, it's hard to say.

If you want that ashOutXt.dll,

Here it is. http://www.topdll.com/download/ashoutxt.dll?q=da9cb655c7e2be152a750bcd3b912563

Like this post
RoyboyOne

Likes # 0

Thank you for the reply, what happens is that when I get an email on Outlook Express and try to print it all the printer does is print the top four lines of Who from, Who to,Date sent,Subject. but as I say the other email programs print the full email. I am a bit of a novice at this and so my friend says that he will call in tomorrow to follow it up

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I suspect that you are using webmail for Yahoo and Sky that is viewing them through your internet browser. Is Internet Explorer your default browser and which version of it IE7 or 8?

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

If Outlook Express is only printing the header of the mail and no body then you need to open Internet Explorer - go to the View menu and select Encoding. Then clear Auto Select. Now open Outlook Express and try printing again.

This problem often occurs when using IE8 with OE.

Like this post
RoyboyOne

Likes # 0

Oh Dear because I told my friend that I am going to use Yahoo and Sky mail he only went and took Outlook Express off of my computer so I can no longer use it anyway. I am annoyed because I did not expect him to do that. I will have to just use the others now unless I re-install Outlet Express at some time. Thanks anyway for your time and info.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You can't take Outlook Express off the computer it's part of XP.

Maybe he has just deleted your accounts and disabled OE.

Or he may have just put your shortcuts in the Recycle Bin.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

By the way 'C:\ProgramFiles\AlwilSoftware\Avast4\ashOutXt.dll' is part of Avast AntiVirus

Like this post
RoyboyOne

Likes # 0

Outlook Express is not in the Recycle Bin as this has been emptied lotvic,so how do I find O.E. in the XP program please, like I have said before I an only a novice (75 Years old)and need to be told in a way that I can understand please. I would rather not have to trouble my friend again.

Like this post
RoyboyOne

Likes # 0

I went to Control Panel,Add&Remove,Set Program Access&Defaults,Custom drop down,Choose default e-mail program and clicked on Outlook Express which then gave me back Outlook Express in the All Programs and I then created Desktop Shortcut. I am now back to square one but the printing of emails is still the same problem with only printing the To,From,Date,Subject at top of print out.So is the problem with Avast Anti Virus?

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Have you checked Internet Explorer as in my posting above?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...