We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem with IE9 and PCA

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Started IE this morning and noticed a post that I had made 20 minutes ago near the top of the page.

Now I had not used IE since yesterday so I/E cannot be refreshing the page when I open it again

Now I mainly use Firefox and just use IE when I have to download anything.

I noticed a few days ago also that IE does not seem to refresh the page when starting so tend to get older threads.

Obviously some setting that I have which is stopping it from doing that.

Anyone else have the same problem or just me.

I am not worried about it as I said I normally use Firefox just thought that it was odd that it is happening.

Just noticed that I had active x filtering ticked under Tools and I have unticked it so will see if that helps.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Nope turning of Active X Filering made no difference closed I/E and opened it a few times and this thread did not even show.

I had to refresh the page again for this thread to show.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I only use IE 9 and have no problems. Just checked in tools safety and active X was unchecked.To get new postings whilst in a PCA topic, I have to refresh the forum - eg to see new enties on a Friday in Brumas' puzzle, I have to refresh the Speakers corner forum. I thought this was normal.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I have just tried a reset so will wait and see how that works.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Nope still the same.It will not update when switching I/E off then on again and when you refresh the page and go into the thread you have to refresh the thread as well.

Ok not going to worry about this as I seldom use i/e and by the looks of things I am the only one that has problems.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Check - Tools - Internet Options - General tab - click on browsing history settings. Then you will see 4 options for checking for newer versions of stored pages - select the top one and see what happens. Also clear your browser cache that may help too.

Like this post  
buteman

Likes # 0

Nope still the same.It will not update when switching I/E off then on again and when you refresh the page and go into the thread you have to refresh the thread as well.

Ok not going to worry about this as I seldom use i/e and by the looks of things I am the only one that has problems.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Sorry but your post was not on here when I posted.I should have refreshed first.

Did what you said so will just have to wait and see if it helps or not. thanks

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Looks like you may have solved my problem it looks like it is working ok now.Thanks.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Yes problem solved.

Thanks Woolwell your a star.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed