We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Deleted Acronis images - Need to get them back!!!

compumac

Likes # 0

I cannot believe that I have just deleted all of my Acronis images!!!!! before I start to panic - How good is Recuva for this situation, if at all? Answers please before Coronation Street starts so that I can go to bed and not suffer hours of tossing and turning.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Do not write anything to the drive the images were on and Recuva should be able to find them.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/1009400-emergency-how-do-i-recover.html is about recovering a deleted .tib file, might be useful but also try a google search

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

PC isolated already with instructions to family to not even look at it. Never used Recuva at all. To ease my suffering - how does one use it in my situation?

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Is the free version of Recuva OK for my situation or does it need the purchased version?

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Is the free version of Recuva OK for my situation or does it need the purchased version?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

As you have to install Recuva it would be best to install on another pc and hook up the other HDD as a slave or use USB caddy if you have one. Note that it says to restore the files to a different drive

(You don't want to risk overwriting the .tib when installing and you will want to store the .tib somewhere else)

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Running Recuva now - First scan showed some tib files that I deleted last October. Am now running the long scan (two hours?). While that is running I can go and watch Coronation Street anyway. For years I have told people to sit on their hands before pressing delete!!!!!

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Alas - Directory containing all Acronis imaages are gone! I was able to watch Coronation Street live anyway. Juat realised that I had created an image using Windows 7 at the beginning of August. Will now start creating fresh Acronis images. I still find it unbelievable that have deleted something as critical as images.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"C'est la vie"

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...