We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Deleted Acronis images - Need to get them back!!!

compumac

Likes # 0

I cannot believe that I have just deleted all of my Acronis images!!!!! before I start to panic - How good is Recuva for this situation, if at all? Answers please before Coronation Street starts so that I can go to bed and not suffer hours of tossing and turning.

Like this post
letsgetrdy

Likes # 0

Any hope of recovering such large quantity's of data (I'm guessing large) is a waste of time. The recovery process used by any recovery software is sporadic, hope of recovering an intact undamaged therefore uncorrupted and usable acronis image is.... virtually impossible.

I suggest to anyone, they keep their backups in an external drive that is unpowered between uses.

How did it happen out of interest?

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

letsgedrdy The images were on an external drive. How did it happen? - Pure carelessness on my part - I was intent on selecting just a couple of very old images to delete to allow for the latest image to be created, I was looking at the contents of the folder that held ALL of my images and the intention was to select just those two - Somehow or other my attention was distracted when I pressed delete and despite the warning that the selection was too big for the Recycle bin I went ahead. I now intend to heed my continual warning to others to "sit on your hands and check before pressing the delete button". You still do these silly things after many years of using PC's. - NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER!!!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...