We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

email problem with windows live and incredimail

BeeWee

Likes # 0

Alright...here's the problem I have 2 laptops and am trying to move the whole of windows live email....contacts, inbox, saved etc from laptop 1 to laptop 2

laptop 1 runs vista laptop 2 runs windows 7.

I have set up incredimail on laptop 2 and am sending and receiveing mail without problems, however i need to import all of my old stuff (as above) from laptop 1 to laptop 2. Any help gratefully accepted

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

You need to save all the settings from laptop 1 and transfer to an external flash drive - then reinstate on laptop 2 using the following guide.

http://help.incredimail.com/english/help/im/transfer_incredimail.html

Like this post
BeeWee

Likes # 0

thank you for your speedy response. i should have mentiined that i don't have incredimail on laptop 1. the email client is windows mail (not windows live mail)

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

As per Sea Urchin - Save all your settings from Laptop 1 (ie:export your contacts/messages) to external flash drive - then on Laptop 2 with Incredimail on go to File - Import & Export - Import messages/Import Contacts - select an email program to import from.

You won't lose anything by trying this as you are only copying your data from Laptop 1 to Laptop 2 via the external flash drive.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I should have added that I can't confirm that this will work with Windows Mail (that which you are transferring from) as I have never had or use Windows Mail.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do