We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Amilo V3515 Laptop( Very Dark Screen)

sydhall

Likes # 0

Hi, One of My Laptops V Pro Amilo 3515 : Suddenly the Screen Brightness Has Gone Very Dark indeed> I normally use the FN Key with the F8 or F9 to control the brightness no problem:

Also it is still very dark even with the adapter plugged in.There is no difference either with the adapter in or running on battery?

I* was wondering could it be the screen converter or something like. hope you can help

Regards

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

How dark is dark?

If you can see nothing unless by shining a light on the screen then inverter or back light failure.

Like this post
sydhall

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat No Can see but very dim : Cant turn up the Brightness

Like this post
sydhall

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\

More dim than dark: Brightness will not turn up or down

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Right click desktop, properties, look under the screen saver tab.

You will see power at the bottom. Set up your laptap here.

If that doesnt have enough settings. When you start up your computer, you can access bios by pressing DEL or a F key.

You will find many power settings in there you can adjust brightness and power saving settings. If you leave it plugged in, turn it up. But I know once you remove the ac power plug to the wall, the lcd monitor will instantly go dim. It notices the power went from wall supplied to now battery. So it will try to save battery life. It's the default setting on almost every laptop. The 2 methods I just refereed to will help you adjust what best fits your needs.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...