We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Accessing Windows 7 that is security locked

GraySand

Likes # 0

I have just purchased an HP TouchSmart tm2-2050ea Touchscreen computer with Windows 7 Home Premium. Unfortunately, it appears that it is a returned item because it already has a login name and password and I cannot gain access. Whilst I have arranged to have the computer returned, it was the last one as this model is now obsolete. I would like to keep it and wonder if there is any way gain access. The computer is due to be picked up on Thursday 8 Sep so I do not have much time.

Can anyone tell me why this model is obsolete and if there is an alternative laptop with the swivel screen (not Dell though as the processer is not fast enough and the screen is too small).

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 1

because it already has a login name and password and I cannot gain access.

I suggest you do a factory reset and put it back to the day it came as you do not need any data off the drive. HP Recovery Manager can either be accessed by the recovery partition or the recovery CD.To launch it from recovery partition, press 'F11' key on the keyboard when the system boots. The system will come up with the HP Recovery Manager.

this model is now obsolete A bad design from HP, essentially the computer gets so hot that the graphics chip slowly pulls it's self away from the motherboard. Will be OK if its had a refurbished motherboard fitted

Like this post
sydhall

Likes # 1

You can try (Spotmau Powersuite 2008) There is now probably a later ONE? Although there is no WIN 7 in the drop down menus I have removed several BIOS passwords with it< Just load it prior to switching on and follow the on screen instructions.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer