We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cookie issue

Jug Ears

Likes # 0

Hi

Im using a console on a betting site that updates odds as it happens. Ive not found it a problem before but more recently the odds are updating quite slowly and/or not at all. I assumed that it must be a cookie issue, and have deleted cookies and internet history, then gone back into the site. This seems to work initally but quite soon slows down again. If I close the console and bring it back again they change.

Are there any other reasons why this would not be working correctly. Not sure whether java script could be an issue? If its a cookie problem would anyone be able to shed light on what I could do differently. Asked the site customer service which suggested deleting cookies, but couldnt offer any other advice.

As usual will be very grateful for any advice offered.

Thanks

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If you remove the cookies for the betting site it probably will not work properly.

Just check that you have the latest Java and Flash updates.

Or try command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns and press enter on your keyboard.

It should tell you the DNS Cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing